Mar 6, 2008

This Week's Devotions

March 3

Jesus said, "let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them."

Matthew 19:14

I once read an article that said children spell love T-I-M-E. As I pondered

that statement, I had to agree. Take advantage of each and every opportunity

to do things together, going hiking, going fishing, doing crafts, reading

stories, baking cookies, playing board games...Don't just say you love your

children--show them! Spend some time together.

March 4

Be joyful always. 1 Thessalonians 5:16

You may remember thinking, "I can't do this one more day! God must not have

known what He was doing when He made me a parent." But, you know what? He

did know. He has equipped you with everything you need to be a good parent.

And He is more than happy to help you through when you feel your weakest. No

matter what--God loves you and believes in you.

March 5

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper

you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah

29:11

Father, help me to fan the dreams You've placed within my children. Amen.

March 6

He who heeds discipline shows the way to life. Proverbs 10:17

God's time-out chair isn't a place where He puts you to punish you; rather,

you put yourself there when you disobey Him. It's a place where the

blessings of God no longer flow. But the best thing about God's time-out

chair is that you can get up at any time. All you have to do is repent and

move on..

March 7

"Is not wisdom found among the aged? Does not long life bring

understanding?"

Job 12:12

Father, as a sweet elderly man from our church once told me, these are the

best years of my life. Help me to treasure each moment with my children.

Amen.

March 8

Let the wise listen and add to their learning. Proverbs 1:5

Are you a good listener? Do you really give your kids your full attention

when they are talking to you? Do you nod your head and smile, letting them

know that you're truly into what they are saying? If we fail to listen to

them now, we'll be sorry later when they no longer choose to tell us things.

Open up your ears and your heart and listen to your children!

March 9

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power to the weak. Isaiah

40:29

We are all busy people. That's just a fact of life. But if we allow

ourselves to become too busy, we'll miss out on quality time with our

families. We'll be running around so much that we won't know if we're coming

or going. Even good things can be bad if they take us away from our

families.

Daily devotions brought to you by Joanie Garborg 2006 by Barbour Publishing,

Inc.

No comments: